Sketch artwork by Angela Williams – follow her at www.instagram.com/lunchsketch
Port Fairy Folk Festival and Geelong Arts Centre presents
Friday 9 October, 8:00pm
We’re back on(line)!
We are so proud to be celebrating extraordinary local talent in HOME FOLK, a special Port Fairy Folk Festival virtual event streamed live from the Geelong Arts Centre on Friday 9 October.
HOME FOLK will feature three Port Fairy Folk Festival favourites: Sal Kimber, Fenn Wilson and Van Walker who will each perform a thirty-minute set, bringing the Festival-vibes to your screens at home.
Born and bred in the mountain valleys of Victoria, Kimber’s songwriting is stitched with tales of rivers, wild horses, flood, fire and the strength and vulnerability of the human spirit. Sal comes to the Geelong Arts Centre from Wangaratta in North East Victoria.
Awarded the Emerging Artist of the Year at Port Fairy Folk Festival in 2019, local Geelong resident Fenn Wilson is a multi-instrumentalist and singer-songwriter whose songs cover themes of heartbreak, love and redemption.
Currently based in Geelong, Van Walker is a Tasmanian native whose prolific songwriting productivity has seen him become a festival favourite. With over 500 songs across many genres under his belt, Walker has just released a new album Ghosting, with Jeff Lang and Dave Walker.
For 44 years we’ve been entertaining music lovers with our annual seaside event in Port Fairy. The 2021 Festival was put on pause due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, but we will return in 2022 with a wonderful, music-filled event on the long weekend in March 2022.
HOME FOLK will take place at your house on Friday 9 October at 8:00pm, live from the Geelong Arts Centre. The event is free to watch from geelongartscentre.org.au.
The 45th Port Fairy Folk Festival will take place on 11 – 14 March 2022.
- 24/09/2020 – HOME FOLK Livestream Event
- 14/08/2020 – PORT FAIRY FOLK FESTIVAL COMMITTEE POSTPONES 2021 EVENT
- 01/06/2020 – Port Fairy Folk Festival announces new Program Director
- 25/05/2020 – Port Fairy Folk Festival 2021 and COVID-19
- 27/04/2020 – EOI sought for Program Director
- 21/04/2020 – 2021 Artist applications open and celebrating award winners 2020
- 21/03/2020 – 44th Port Fairy Folk Festival survey extended to 6:00pm Friday 27 March
- 20/03/2020 – 44th Port Fairy Folk Festival Survey
- 19/03/2020 – 44th Port Fairy Folk Festival Survey
- 12/03/2020 – The 44th Port Fairy Folk Festival …. it’s a wrap!
- 05/03/2020 – The Festival Starts Tomorrow
- 03/03/2020 – Opening Night of The ExChange & Lifetime Achievement Award a great start to a week of brilliance in regional Victoria
- 02/03/2020 – Port Fairy Folk Festival this week, Festival APP live, program update and expanded drinks & food menu
- 24/02/2020 – Shane Howard, Nick Charles, & more join The Seeger Session, plus new Bank St Busker Stage
- 20/02/2020 – Performers timetable, app, bus times & ticket collection
- 12/02/2020 – The Lonely Goth Exhibition, Other Voices, The Poets Brawl, Children’s Literature & so much more
- 06/02/2020 – Folk world gathers in Geelong en route to Port Fairy 2020
- 03/02/2020 – Hilary Harper to host a great session, Song Circles, Song Catchers & your chance to win a Maton guitar.
- 29/01/2020 – Workshops, Original Tunes Muster, Yoga & Walking Tours
- 24/01/2020 – FAI & Port Fairy Folk Festival present The ExChange Boutique Conference in Geelong
- 23/01/2020 – The Seeger Session, Women Out Loud, Candlelight Concert, Meet The Guests & more shine in 2020
- 21/01/2020 – The Unusual Commoners join the line up and Other Voices special event & Writers Program
- 14/01/2020 – 2020 Is The Year of Scotland
- 08/01/2020 – Port Fairy Folk Festival supporting BlazeAid
- 18/12/2019 – Early bird tickets on sale until 31 December & more announcements
- 12/12/2019 – Festival Choir 2020: Black Fella White Fella,Solid Rock (Puli Kunpungka) and so much more
- 10/12/2019 – International Folk Music Conference & Jamie McKew Lifetime Achievement Award
- 05/12/2019 – Announcing the 2020 Artists Of The Year
- 26/11/2019 – Port Fairy Folk Festival and East Coast Music Association working in partnership.
- 21/11/2019 – Early Bird 2 day tickets have all gone. Limited Early Bird full festival tickets still available. Full price two day tickets on sale now.
- 20/11/2019 – The Shebeen – a festival in itself.
- 14/11/2019 – Flacco & Sandman Folk Quiz maestros 2020, Teeny Tiny Stevies, YolanDa’s Music Train and more.
- 12/11/2019 – The Guitarists concert announced and all ticket holders in the mix to win a Maton Guitar
- 07/11/2019 – Performance days announced for the 2020 Port Fairy Folk Festival plus Warrnambool Festival Bus
- 22/10/2019 – Things Of Stone & Wood 30th Anniversary, Judith Owen & Harry Shearer
- 09/10/2019 – Special events. Hell Ship: The Journey of the Ticonderoga & Ned Kelly.
- 25/09/2019 – Rhiannon Giddens, Neil Murray, Grace Petrie, Sibusile Xaba and more announced
- 16/09/2019 – Our Celtic Connections
- 09/09/2019 – Dan Sultan, Kieran Kane & Rayna Gellert, The Little Stevies and more. Early Bird Full Festival and Two Day Tickets on sale now.
- 04/09/2019 – New Arena design and stage names. Hurry! Limited subscriber tickets still available.
- 02/09/2019 – First Nations – Songs and Stories at the 44th Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 29/08/2019 – Friends of the Festival volunteer applications open on Monday
- 21/08/2019 – 2020 Subscriber link – we have lift off!
- 15/08/2019 – International partnerships come to fruition in 2020 – FAI ExChange Geelong
- 13/08/2019 – 2020 sees limited Half Festival passes introduced
- 23/07/2019 – Meeting our waste reduction targets 2020 Subscriber tickets on sale 2 September & your chance to win a Maton Guitar
- 22/05/2019 – Artist applications for 2020 Close next week
- 01/05/2019 – MC & Stage Manager applications open
- 09/04/2019 – We value your input, and if you missed the 43rd Festival we are keen to hear from you.
- 03/04/2019 – Thank you, setting goals, lost property, competition winners & applications for 2020