Sketch artwork by Angela Williams – follow her at www.instagram.com/lunchsketch
Excitement is brewing on every level as we get closer to opening our wonderful festival. Of course the festival would not be the same without themed concerts and its much loved traditions which always have a contemporary twist, celebrating what folk music and culture is all about.
A special themed concert for this year will be The Seeger Sessions lead by the wonderful John McCutcheon. In 2019 he released 100 years of Pete Seeger, a tribute to his friend and mentor. This special concert event will also feature Kieran Kane and Rayna Gellert, The Maes and special guests.
In keeping with our Year of Scotland celebrations, Tim Whelan’ s Welcome will feature the stunning Lake School Stars of 2020 – Cara, and Claymore.
Of course there is also our wonderful Meet The Guests hosted by Paul Petran, a highlight of the festival which features wonderful stories, spontaneous improvisation and always creates magical and memorable moments, and is a wonderful way to get your Saturday underway. In 2020 Paul will take you in to the worlds of Emily Wurramara, Joseph & James Tawadros, Grace Petrie, Michael Veitch, Sibusile Xaba and Susan O’Neill – SON.
The Candlelight Concert at St John’s Church commenced in 2017, and in 2020 this special event will feature our 2020 Artists of The Year, Gina Williams and Guy Ghouse and Folk Alliance Australia Youth Award winners Saije. It will be divine!
In 2020 our Women Out Loud concert will shine once again and features a stellar line up: Eleanor McEvoy, Gina Williams, Grace Petrie, Judith Owen, Oriel Glennen and Sarah Carroll, hosted by YolanDa Brown.
Of course we will be presenting another stunning Blues and Roots In The Round, a rip roaring Family Ceilidh, and many more workshops & themed concerts to be announced.
A list of available accommodation is now on our website. Click here.
To view ticket prices, please click here.
The Program Team. x
- 23/01/2020 – The Seeger Session, Women Out Loud, Candlelight Concert, Meet The Guests & more shine in 2020
- 21/01/2020 – The Unusual Commoners join the line up and Other Voices special event & Writers Program
- 14/01/2020 – 2020 Is The Year of Scotland
- 08/01/2020 – Port Fairy Folk Festival supporting BlazeAid
- 18/12/2019 – Early bird tickets on sale until 31 December & more announcements
- 12/12/2019 – Festival Choir 2020: Black Fella White Fella,Solid Rock (Puli Kunpungka) and so much more
- 10/12/2019 – International Folk Music Conference & Jamie McKew Lifetime Achievement Award
- 05/12/2019 – Announcing the 2020 Artists Of The Year
- 26/11/2019 – Port Fairy Folk Festival and East Coast Music Association working in partnership.
- 21/11/2019 – Early Bird 2 day tickets have all gone. Limited Early Bird full festival tickets still available. Full price two day tickets on sale now.
- 20/11/2019 – The Shebeen – a festival in itself.
- 14/11/2019 – Flacco & Sandman Folk Quiz maestros 2020, Teeny Tiny Stevies, YolanDa’s Music Train and more.
- 12/11/2019 – The Guitarists concert announced and all ticket holders in the mix to win a Maton Guitar
- 07/11/2019 – Performance days announced for the 2020 Port Fairy Folk Festival plus Warrnambool Festival Bus
- 22/10/2019 – Things Of Stone & Wood 30th Anniversary, Judith Owen & Harry Shearer
- 09/10/2019 – Special events. Hell Ship: The Journey of the Ticonderoga & Ned Kelly.
- 25/09/2019 – Rhiannon Giddens, Neil Murray, Grace Petrie, Sibusile Xaba and more announced
- 16/09/2019 – Our Celtic Connections
- 09/09/2019 – Dan Sultan, Kieran Kane & Rayna Gellert, The Little Stevies and more. Early Bird Full Festival and Two Day Tickets on sale now.
- 04/09/2019 – New Arena design and stage names. Hurry! Limited subscriber tickets still available.
- 02/09/2019 – First Nations – Songs and Stories at the 44th Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 29/08/2019 – Friends of the Festival volunteer applications open on Monday
- 21/08/2019 – 2020 Subscriber link – we have lift off!
- 15/08/2019 – International partnerships come to fruition in 2020 – FAI ExChange Geelong
- 13/08/2019 – 2020 sees limited Half Festival passes introduced
- 23/07/2019 – Meeting our waste reduction targets 2020 Subscriber tickets on sale 2 September & your chance to win a Maton Guitar
- 22/05/2019 – Artist applications for 2020 Close next week
- 01/05/2019 – MC & Stage Manager applications open
- 09/04/2019 – We value your input, and if you missed the 43rd Festival we are keen to hear from you.
- 03/04/2019 – Thank you, setting goals, lost property, competition winners & applications for 2020