We have left our wonderful subscribers in peace for while as we have been on the joyous journey of programming 2019 and fine tuning our beloved festival. But all of the quiet is about to change as we commence to launch in to full swing for 2019.
One of the many highlights for next year will be the Fairy Tale of Port Fairy, where we pay homage to the mother of all festivals – Woodstock. Artists from our fair land and across the globe will reimagine and reinterpret the music that defined a generation whilst taking you on a folkie trip back to 1969. Narrator and Ambassador extraordinaire Derek Guille will tell The Fairy Tale Of Port Fairy as only he can, with personal anecdotes and historic context glazed with humour and insight.
We will commence announcing artists on Monday 3 September, when you will be sent your subscriber code. Subscriber tickets will go on sale 00:05 am 6 September 2018.
Once again the program will be filled with glorious surprises and collaborations.
Minimising our carbon footprint
The festival has established a working group to look at how we can better manage our waste. We will keep you posted on our initiatives for 2019 once they are finalised, as we will need the whole festival community on board to ensure we minimise our impact on the environment and work towards being as green as possible. A real hurdle for the festival and our area is water, as the mains and tap water is not drinkable. We are working with Wannon Water to look at options that will help us minimise the reliance on purchased bottled water in the first instance, and aim to eliminate purchased bottled water in future. We will also be working with all vendors in regards to recyclable and compostable items for food consumption. We will send out regular updates.
Stall Holder, Volunteer & MC applications will open mid September.
For a little trip down memory lane from this year’s festival, please click here to view this Shoelace Sessions video, recorded on site with our 2018 Emerging Artists of the Year Amistat, who are currently taking Europe by storm.
The Program Team x
- 02/08/2018 – Fairy Tale of Port Fairy 2019 & ticket release date announced
- 26/06/2018 – Exciting job opportunity, Winter Weekends in full swing and beautiful art to be unveiled
- 13/06/2018 – Top honours to Bob Handby, Port Fairy & Calgary Folk Festival Exchange inaugural recipients, 2018 Grants announced & more
- 02/05/2018 – Port Fairy Folk Festival Community grants now open
- 24/04/2018 – Performer Applications for 2019 open 1 May
- 21/03/2018 – 42nd Festival a great success
- 08/03/2018 – Excitement brewing regarding opening and program change for 2018
- 06/03/2018 – Exclusive to Port Fairy 2018 When Folk Changed The World, Exile & Harry Manx with the WSO Octet
- 28/02/2018 – Governor Of Victoria to Open the 42nd Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 20/02/2018 – Warrnambool Festival Bus & Folkie Trivia
- 15/02/2018 – Third release early bird tickets close midnight tonight
- 13/02/2018 – Fairy Tale line-up announced
- 07/02/2018 – Exile – Songs & Tales of Irish Australia
- 01/02/2018 – 37 DAYS TO GO!
- 30/01/2018 – Emerging Artist of the Year & Venue House Rules & Etiquette
- 23/01/2018 – Artists Of The Year & Two special presentations of On The Couch with Brian Nankervis
- 01/17/2018 – Happy New Year & Workshop Program Announced
- 12/20/2017 – Archie Roach to launch Dancing With My Spirit & Warrnambool Shuttle Service
- 12/13/2017 – Geoffrey Robertson to speak at the 2018 Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 12/08/2017 – 2018 Finding A Voice forums, workshops and celebrating inclusion
- 12/07/2017 – 2018 Women Out Loud line-up announced Early Bird Tickets close midnight 8 December
- 12/06/2017 – 2018 Writers Program & Visual Arts… Early Bird Tickets On Sale until midnight 8 December.
- 12/04/2017 – Founding Director Jamie McKew reminisces on 40 years of PFFF
- 11/29/2017 – Doug Anthony Allstars join the 2018 lineup. Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December.
- 11/23/2017 – Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December & more artists & workshops
- 11/17/2017 – The Fairy Tale of Port Fairy & Early Bird Tickets Close 8 December
- 11/15/2017 – Implementing your feedback to make a better Port Fairy Folk Festival in 2018
- 10/24/2017 – Tex, Don & Charlie for two special concerts, plus more!
- 10/18/2017 – The Shebeen Program 2018, Archie Roach, Jordie Lane & The Sleepers & Stella Donnelly join the bill
- 10/16/2017 – Tent City – or should that be Hamlet? Comes to Port Fairy
- 10/11/2017 – Melbourne Ska Orchestra and Scotland’s Breabach lead the next wonderful wave
- 10/09/2017 – Mick Thomas, Jamie McKew & calling all instrument makers
- 10/05/2017 – Calling regional artists – Win the chance to play at the festival with ABC Radio
- 09/28/2017 – The Port Fairy Spotlight Sessions – special subscriber offer
- 09/27/2017 – Exclusive Events & sneaky leak
- 09/19/2017 – More artists and events announced and limited Early Bird Tickets still available