Sketch artwork by Angela Williams – follow her at www.instagram.com/lunchsketch
For the 2020 Festival we have once again listened to feedback and expanded the variety of food and alcoholic beverages. In addition to a variety of DeBortoli Wines served in both the Shebeen and The Speakeasy, we now have on offer Cider, Gluten Free Beer and a broader variety of brewed options.
The Shebeen will serve:
Guinness, Kilkenny, Furphy and Brooklyn Lager on tap, Iron Jack, Hahn Premium Light will be sold in cans, Hahn Crisp Gluten Free and 5 Seeds Cider.
The Speakeasy will serve:
Guinness, Kilkenny, Furphy, JS 150 Lashes, Byron Bay Pale Ale, XXXX Gold, Iron Jack, Hahn Premium Light, Hahn Crisp GF, 5 Seeds Cider, Coopers Pale, Coopers Mild, Thatchers Cider.
Collecting your tickets and drink tickets
Southcombe Park Stadium, 33 Campbell St, Port Fairy
When you go in to the ticket exchange to collect your tickets on Friday, you can also purchase your drink tickets for the weekend if you choose. Drink tickets will be on sale and available from 9:00am – 9:00pm and eftpos facilities are available. Drink tickets throughout the festival will be available in the Shebeen and can be used in both the Shebeen and the Speakeasy. The Speakeasy also accepts cash sales.
You can exchange your Trybooking Ticket for a wristband during the following hours:
The Ticket Exchange
Southcombe Park Basketball Stadium
Fri 9:00am – 11:00pm
Sat 9:00am – 11:00pm
Sun 9:00am – 4:00pm
Sun 4:00 – 8:00pm (Foyer)
Food, glorious food
The food courts will have a great variety on offer, from Middle Eastern and African culinary sensations to the classic Aussie BBQ brought to you by our own St Patrick’s Primary School, the iconic baked potato, burgers and wraps, seafood to Cajun grills and the tastes of Mexico and German wonders, and aromatic flavours of the mediterranean with Spanish, Greek and Italian culinary delights on offer. And what is a festival without the wonderful Aussie pie served by the team from Belfast Acquatics? Not to mention dumplings and noodles to melt in your mouth and for those of you with a sweet tooth ice-cream, profertjes, strawberries, donuts, and a host of other sweeties to accompany the great variety of coffee on offer throughout the arena.
This year there will be more vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options available.
We are delighted that our partnership with Wannon Water continues and water fountains will be located throughout the arena.
Reusable water bottles, coffee cups & merchandise
Please bring your own reusable water bottles and coffee cups, or you can purchase souvenir items from the merchandise tent. The merchandise tent also has Festival Souvenir T Shirts, Hoodies, Tea Towels and Tote Bags, Stubbie Holders, and a brilliant selection our stellar artists’ CDs and merchandise available so you can take home those wonderful festival memories.
Due to unforeseen circumstances Dan Sultan is unable to perform at the festival in 2020. HIs management have issued the following statement:
“Due to current circumstances Dan Sultan has cancelled all current performance commitments. He will allow the legal process to take its course before making any further comment.”
This was announced after the program had gone to print, the app and the website have the updated information and we encourage you to utilise the new app and also view the schedule via the website and download if you choose.
William Crighton will now perform in The Shebeen on Sunday evening 9:45 – 10:45pm, and The East Pointers with The Unusual Commoners will commence their magnificent Sunday night session and close the Pyipgil Gundidj Stage on Sunday.
On Saturday during the 5:00 – 7:30pm window when Dan was scheduled to perform you will have your choice of some incredible concerts on offer, from Susan O’Neil – SON (IRL), Judith Owen with Harry Shearer, The Band Of Brothers, This Way North, John Smith (ENG), Will Kimbrough (USA), The Paul McKenna Band (SCO) to Other Voices, The Unusual Commoners, Startijenn (FRA), Fara (SCO), Flats & Sharps (ENG) and many more.
To view ticket prices, please click here.
The Program Team. x
- 02/03/2020 – Port Fairy Folk Festival this week, Festival APP live, program update and expanded drinks & food menu
- 24/02/2020 – Shane Howard, Nick Charles, & more join The Seeger Session, plus new Bank St Busker Stage
- 20/02/2020 – Performers timetable, app, bus times & ticket collection
- 12/02/2020 – The Lonely Goth Exhibition, Other Voices, The Poets Brawl, Children’s Literature & so much more
- 06/02/2020 – Folk world gathers in Geelong en route to Port Fairy 2020
- 03/02/2020 – Hilary Harper to host a great session, Song Circles, Song Catchers & your chance to win a Maton guitar.
- 29/01/2020 – Workshops, Original Tunes Muster, Yoga & Walking Tours
- 24/01/2020 – FAI & Port Fairy Folk Festival present The ExChange Boutique Conference in Geelong
- 23/01/2020 – The Seeger Session, Women Out Loud, Candlelight Concert, Meet The Guests & more shine in 2020
- 21/01/2020 – The Unusual Commoners join the line up and Other Voices special event & Writers Program
- 14/01/2020 – 2020 Is The Year of Scotland
- 08/01/2020 – Port Fairy Folk Festival supporting BlazeAid
- 18/12/2019 – Early bird tickets on sale until 31 December & more announcements
- 12/12/2019 – Festival Choir 2020: Black Fella White Fella,Solid Rock (Puli Kunpungka) and so much more
- 10/12/2019 – International Folk Music Conference & Jamie McKew Lifetime Achievement Award
- 05/12/2019 – Announcing the 2020 Artists Of The Year
- 26/11/2019 – Port Fairy Folk Festival and East Coast Music Association working in partnership.
- 21/11/2019 – Early Bird 2 day tickets have all gone. Limited Early Bird full festival tickets still available. Full price two day tickets on sale now.
- 20/11/2019 – The Shebeen – a festival in itself.
- 14/11/2019 – Flacco & Sandman Folk Quiz maestros 2020, Teeny Tiny Stevies, YolanDa’s Music Train and more.
- 12/11/2019 – The Guitarists concert announced and all ticket holders in the mix to win a Maton Guitar
- 07/11/2019 – Performance days announced for the 2020 Port Fairy Folk Festival plus Warrnambool Festival Bus
- 22/10/2019 – Things Of Stone & Wood 30th Anniversary, Judith Owen & Harry Shearer
- 09/10/2019 – Special events. Hell Ship: The Journey of the Ticonderoga & Ned Kelly.
- 25/09/2019 – Rhiannon Giddens, Neil Murray, Grace Petrie, Sibusile Xaba and more announced
- 16/09/2019 – Our Celtic Connections
- 09/09/2019 – Dan Sultan, Kieran Kane & Rayna Gellert, The Little Stevies and more. Early Bird Full Festival and Two Day Tickets on sale now.
- 04/09/2019 – New Arena design and stage names. Hurry! Limited subscriber tickets still available.
- 02/09/2019 – First Nations – Songs and Stories at the 44th Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 29/08/2019 – Friends of the Festival volunteer applications open on Monday
- 21/08/2019 – 2020 Subscriber link – we have lift off!
- 15/08/2019 – International partnerships come to fruition in 2020 – FAI ExChange Geelong
- 13/08/2019 – 2020 sees limited Half Festival passes introduced
- 23/07/2019 – Meeting our waste reduction targets 2020 Subscriber tickets on sale 2 September & your chance to win a Maton Guitar
- 22/05/2019 – Artist applications for 2020 Close next week
- 01/05/2019 – MC & Stage Manager applications open
- 09/04/2019 – We value your input, and if you missed the 43rd Festival we are keen to hear from you.
- 03/04/2019 – Thank you, setting goals, lost property, competition winners & applications for 2020