By popular demand and because we love him, we have been working since April to present the stunning Gregory Alan Isakov at the 2019 Festival, and as they say in the classics, all good things come to those who wait. In 2019 you will have the opportunity to experience the hauntingly beautiful and glorious music that he is renowned for. Hot on the heels of the release of his fourth full-length studio album Evening Machines, Gregory Alan Isakov will leave no doubt in your mind as to why he is being hailed as one of the most ‘convincing’ folk artists around these days, and we are so very pleased he is able to be a part of Port Fairy Folk Festival for his first tour of Australia.
Many musicians have day jobs to make ends meet. However, few artists maintain the lifestyle kept by Gregory Alan Isakov. The Colorado-based indie-folk artist is a full-time farmer who sells vegetable seeds and grows various market crops on this three-acre farm, while also tending to a thriving music career. Whether singing about the land, immigration or love lost and found, his stunning vocals, incisive lyrics and musicianship will leave you wanting more.
It is with great pleasure we present Gregory Alan Isakov in 2019, where he joins a stellar national and international program which will be a festival of new discoveries as well as many iconic artists who have performed at the festival during it’s rich 42 year history.
Early bird tickets selling fast click here to book.
The Program Team. x
- 16/10/2018 – Gregory Alan Isakov premiere tour of Australia
- 09/10/2018 – Didirri & Cooper Lower announced & celebrating 10 years of PFFF Youth Music Program
- 08/10/2018 – PFFF 2019 celebrates AWMA Lifetime Achievement Award winners Reneé Geyer & Margret RoadKnight
- 01/10/2018 – Neko Case, Hollow Coves & Margret RoadKnight join PFFF 2019
- 27/09/2018 – Farewell Rick E Vengeance • Song Man
- 14/09/2018 – Shebeen program for 2019
- 12/09/2018 – Ralph McTell and further artists join the line up. Subscriber tickets all gone… Early Bird Tickets on sale now.
- 10/09/2018 – Blues & brass add a touch of vaudeville and Ben Waters Band & Derek Nash encore performance
- 05/09/2018 – More wonderful acts and tickets on sale tomorrow!
- 03/09/2018 – 2019 Festival Special Event – Vandemonian Lags
- 29/08/2018 – A sneak peek at 2019 / subscriber link / volunteer applications
- 02/08/2018 – Fairy Tale of Port Fairy 2019 & ticket release date announced
- 26/06/2018 – Exciting job opportunity, Winter Weekends in full swing and beautiful art to be unveiled
- 13/06/2018 – Top honours to Bob Handby, Port Fairy & Calgary Folk Festival Exchange inaugural recipients, 2018 Grants announced & more
- 02/05/2018 – Port Fairy Folk Festival Community grants now open
- 24/04/2018 – Performer Applications for 2019 open 1 May
- 21/03/2018 – 42nd Festival a great success
- 08/03/2018 – Excitement brewing regarding opening and program change for 2018
- 06/03/2018 – Exclusive to Port Fairy 2018 When Folk Changed The World, Exile & Harry Manx with the WSO Octet
- 28/02/2018 – Governor Of Victoria to Open the 42nd Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 20/02/2018 – Warrnambool Festival Bus & Folkie Trivia
- 15/02/2018 – Third release early bird tickets close midnight tonight
- 13/02/2018 – Fairy Tale line-up announced
- 07/02/2018 – Exile – Songs & Tales of Irish Australia
- 01/02/2018 – 37 DAYS TO GO!
- 30/01/2018 – Emerging Artist of the Year & Venue House Rules & Etiquette
- 23/01/2018 – Artists Of The Year & Two special presentations of On The Couch with Brian Nankervis
- 01/17/2018 – Happy New Year & Workshop Program Announced
- 12/20/2017 – Archie Roach to launch Dancing With My Spirit & Warrnambool Shuttle Service
- 12/13/2017 – Geoffrey Robertson to speak at the 2018 Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 12/08/2017 – 2018 Finding A Voice forums, workshops and celebrating inclusion
- 12/07/2017 – 2018 Women Out Loud line-up announced Early Bird Tickets close midnight 8 December
- 12/06/2017 – 2018 Writers Program & Visual Arts… Early Bird Tickets On Sale until midnight 8 December.
- 12/04/2017 – Founding Director Jamie McKew reminisces on 40 years of PFFF
- 11/29/2017 – Doug Anthony Allstars join the 2018 lineup. Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December.
- 11/23/2017 – Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December & more artists & workshops
- 11/17/2017 – The Fairy Tale of Port Fairy & Early Bird Tickets Close 8 December
- 11/15/2017 – Implementing your feedback to make a better Port Fairy Folk Festival in 2018
- 10/24/2017 – Tex, Don & Charlie for two special concerts, plus more!
- 10/18/2017 – The Shebeen Program 2018, Archie Roach, Jordie Lane & The Sleepers & Stella Donnelly join the bill
- 10/16/2017 – Tent City – or should that be Hamlet? Comes to Port Fairy
- 10/11/2017 – Melbourne Ska Orchestra and Scotland’s Breabach lead the next wonderful wave
- 10/09/2017 – Mick Thomas, Jamie McKew & calling all instrument makers
- 10/05/2017 – Calling regional artists – Win the chance to play at the festival with ABC Radio
- 09/28/2017 – The Port Fairy Spotlight Sessions – special subscriber offer
- 09/27/2017 – Exclusive Events & sneaky leak
- 09/19/2017 – More artists and events announced and limited Early Bird Tickets still available