Thank you for being a part of the 42nd Port Fairy Folk Festival. From 4:00pm on Friday 9 March the curtain raised on our beautiful seaside village and put the spotlight on some of the finest acts from across the globe, our country and from within our community for four glorious days. From the opening parade with the Warrnambool & District Pipes & Drums to the Find Your Voice All Abilities Choir and our opening ceremony Kuurokehear – The Seven Sisters, to the official opening by Her Excellency the Honourable Linda Dessau AC Governor of Victoria. This year left no doubt that every element of the festival is what makes it special, the audience, the artists, the volunteers … the vibe. We featured artists who had never been to our fair festival before such as Ben Waters, YolanDa Brown, John Spillane, The Brothers Comatose, The Teskey Brothers, The Ahern Brothers, Amistat, Gina Williams & Guy Ghouse, The Hillbilly Goats and Jack Broadbent, just to name a few. They fell in love with it! Every one of you is a part of the festival community for that one weekend, and we thank you for embracing all that is the Port Fairy Folk Festival.
The festival reinforced itself as a world class event that is truly unique, with brilliant events such as Exile: Song & Tales of Irish Australia, to The Fairy Tale Of Port Fairy, The Guitarists and Women Out Loud. They are magnificent memories and events that were for Port Fairy only.
We would like to truly pay tribute and thanks to the 10 strong voluntary Committee who work tirelessly throughout the year to make this festival happen. They open their hearts and minds to present this event for one and all and bring an extraordinary wealth of skills from business management, to construction and community liaison. We salute John Young, President, Bernie Waixel, Vice President & Treasurer, Emma Maloney, Secretary, Bruce Leishman, Sponsorship, Licensing & Insurance, Bob Handby, Craft & Food Stalls, Ann Holmes, Performer & Contractor Accommodation, Shane Lenehan, Ticketing, Gordon McLeod, Security, Jack Smits, Construction and Margaret Whitehead OAM,Friends Of The Festival. All of whom are brilliantly supported by the administration team who are Robyn Stewart, Robin Bartlett and Keitha Smith.
A big thank you to all of the volunteers, sponsors, the Production team lead by Brian Cavagnino and everyone one who plays a part in bringing this festival together.
If you were too busy enjoying the festival to purchase a long lasting memory in the shape of a tea towel, T-Shirt, stubby holder, tote bag or hoodie, there are still limited numbers available. To order please contact Robyn Stewart at [email protected] or call the office between 10:00am -12:00pm on (03) 5568 2227.
We value your feedback and our survey is now on line at www.portfairyfolkfestival.com
From all of us at the Program Office, thank you. Artist applications for the 43rd Festival in 2019 open on 21 May via our website and will close at midnight 30 June 2018.
The Program Team x
- 21/03/2018 – 42nd Festival a great success
- 08/03/2018 – Excitement brewing regarding opening and program change for 2018
- 06/03/2018 – Exclusive to Port Fairy 2018 When Folk Changed The World, Exile & Harry Manx with the WSO Octet
- 28/02/2018 – Governor Of Victoria to Open the 42nd Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 20/02/2018 – Warrnambool Festival Bus & Folkie Trivia
- 15/02/2018 – Third release early bird tickets close midnight tonight
- 13/02/2018 – Fairy Tale line-up announced
- 07/02/2018 – Exile – Songs & Tales of Irish Australia
- 01/02/2018 – 37 DAYS TO GO!
- 30/01/2018 – Emerging Artist of the Year & Venue House Rules & Etiquette
- 23/01/2018 – Artists Of The Year & Two special presentations of On The Couch with Brian Nankervis
- 01/17/2018 – Happy New Year & Workshop Program Announced
- 12/20/2017 – Archie Roach to launch Dancing With My Spirit & Warrnambool Shuttle Service
- 12/13/2017 – Geoffrey Robertson to speak at the 2018 Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 12/08/2017 – 2018 Finding A Voice forums, workshops and celebrating inclusion
- 12/07/2017 – 2018 Women Out Loud line-up announced Early Bird Tickets close midnight 8 December
- 12/06/2017 – 2018 Writers Program & Visual Arts… Early Bird Tickets On Sale until midnight 8 December.
- 12/04/2017 – Founding Director Jamie McKew reminisces on 40 years of PFFF
- 11/29/2017 – Doug Anthony Allstars join the 2018 lineup. Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December.
- 11/23/2017 – Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December & more artists & workshops
- 11/17/2017 – The Fairy Tale of Port Fairy & Early Bird Tickets Close 8 December
- 11/15/2017 – Implementing your feedback to make a better Port Fairy Folk Festival in 2018
- 10/24/2017 – Tex, Don & Charlie for two special concerts, plus more!
- 10/18/2017 – The Shebeen Program 2018, Archie Roach, Jordie Lane & The Sleepers & Stella Donnelly join the bill
- 10/16/2017 – Tent City – or should that be Hamlet? Comes to Port Fairy
- 10/11/2017 – Melbourne Ska Orchestra and Scotland’s Breabach lead the next wonderful wave
- 10/09/2017 – Mick Thomas, Jamie McKew & calling all instrument makers
- 10/05/2017 – Calling regional artists – Win the chance to play at the festival with ABC Radio
- 09/28/2017 – The Port Fairy Spotlight Sessions – special subscriber offer
- 09/27/2017 – Exclusive Events & sneaky leak
- 09/19/2017 – More artists and events announced and limited Early Bird Tickets still available