The Festival is all about celebrating music, culture and community, and with this in mind we’re proud to announce that the first round of Community Grants for 2018 is now open. Funds of up to $10,000 are available for groups and not-for-profit organisations that show significant benefit to the Port Fairy community.
Surpluses from the Festival are returned to local community in many ways. In the last 20 years the Festival Committee has returned nearly $3.5 million to local clubs and organisations by the way of grants. These include $750,000 to the Moyne Health Services for the new Primary Care Centre that has been recently completed; $75,000 to the Cricket Club for its Indoor Training Centre, $75,000 to the local Surf Life Saving Club for a new training facility and $18,000 to Belfast Aquatics (the swimming pool) for solar panels. There are many smaller grants allocated as well and more recent allocations include the Friends of St Brigid’s Church, Port Fairy Angling Club, Heritage Boat Project, Port Fairy Winter Weekends, Men’s Shed, Tarrone Recreation Reserve, Rail Trail, Koroit Irish Festival and the Cemetery Trust.
Over the same period the Festival has returned to organisations and clubs within the community $502,000 for gate attendants, ushers and venue cleaning; $824,000 for Shebeen Bar operation, $700,000 for marquee erection and dismantling (all of which is done by volunteers), and $321,000 for venue hire for the Village Program.
Grants and loans that are allocated meet strict guidelines, and the allocation of funds back in the community is what the Committee, all of whom are volunteers, work for, and with our base of wonderful volunteers, has made the Festival such a success over many years.
For information on Community Grants guidelines and application form, please click here. Applications for this round close on October 31.
Stay tuned for news of our stall holder, MC/Stage Manager and Friends of the Festival volunteer applications, which will open in the new financial year. Artist applications are open now until midnight June 20.
The Program Team x
- 02/05/2018 – Port Fairy Folk Festival Community grants now open
- 24/04/2018 – Performer Applications for 2019 open 1 May
- 21/03/2018 – 42nd Festival a great success
- 08/03/2018 – Excitement brewing regarding opening and program change for 2018
- 06/03/2018 – Exclusive to Port Fairy 2018 When Folk Changed The World, Exile & Harry Manx with the WSO Octet
- 28/02/2018 – Governor Of Victoria to Open the 42nd Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 20/02/2018 – Warrnambool Festival Bus & Folkie Trivia
- 15/02/2018 – Third release early bird tickets close midnight tonight
- 13/02/2018 – Fairy Tale line-up announced
- 07/02/2018 – Exile – Songs & Tales of Irish Australia
- 01/02/2018 – 37 DAYS TO GO!
- 30/01/2018 – Emerging Artist of the Year & Venue House Rules & Etiquette
- 23/01/2018 – Artists Of The Year & Two special presentations of On The Couch with Brian Nankervis
- 01/17/2018 – Happy New Year & Workshop Program Announced
- 12/20/2017 – Archie Roach to launch Dancing With My Spirit & Warrnambool Shuttle Service
- 12/13/2017 – Geoffrey Robertson to speak at the 2018 Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 12/08/2017 – 2018 Finding A Voice forums, workshops and celebrating inclusion
- 12/07/2017 – 2018 Women Out Loud line-up announced Early Bird Tickets close midnight 8 December
- 12/06/2017 – 2018 Writers Program & Visual Arts… Early Bird Tickets On Sale until midnight 8 December.
- 12/04/2017 – Founding Director Jamie McKew reminisces on 40 years of PFFF
- 11/29/2017 – Doug Anthony Allstars join the 2018 lineup. Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December.
- 11/23/2017 – Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December & more artists & workshops
- 11/17/2017 – The Fairy Tale of Port Fairy & Early Bird Tickets Close 8 December
- 11/15/2017 – Implementing your feedback to make a better Port Fairy Folk Festival in 2018
- 10/24/2017 – Tex, Don & Charlie for two special concerts, plus more!
- 10/18/2017 – The Shebeen Program 2018, Archie Roach, Jordie Lane & The Sleepers & Stella Donnelly join the bill
- 10/16/2017 – Tent City – or should that be Hamlet? Comes to Port Fairy
- 10/11/2017 – Melbourne Ska Orchestra and Scotland’s Breabach lead the next wonderful wave
- 10/09/2017 – Mick Thomas, Jamie McKew & calling all instrument makers
- 10/05/2017 – Calling regional artists – Win the chance to play at the festival with ABC Radio
- 09/28/2017 – The Port Fairy Spotlight Sessions – special subscriber offer
- 09/27/2017 – Exclusive Events & sneaky leak
- 09/19/2017 – More artists and events announced and limited Early Bird Tickets still available