Early bird tickets on sale until 21 December. Click here to book.
The program office is bursting at the seams with special events for every day of the festival. In 2019 we are are tickled pink (…we are loving reigniting old turns of phrase) to continue to highlight and celebrate the global influence of Bluegrass and Americana. In 2019 we are introducing North East x South West featuring artists who hail from the divine coastline of North East Canada, the USA, and Australia, gathering for one special event at Port Fairy, on the glorious coastline of South West Victoria. NE X SW will feature Aria Hall of Fame inductee, the magnificent Kasey Chambers, New Brunswick’s sensational washboard-infused, old-timer roots duo, Tomato/Tomato, the wonderful Front Country from San Francisco, the brilliant Michigan based Red Tail Ring and our very own and quite divine The Weeping Willows. This great event will showcase not only the universality of great music, but the the personal and geographic nuances and stories that can be told with this art form. Hosted by Denise Hylands and presented especially for you at Port Fairy in 2019.
Of course there is Meet The Guests with festival icon Paul Petran, who will take you in to the lives and music of a brilliant array of artists: Basia Bulat, Bongeziwe Mabandla, Luca Ciarla, Leanne Tennant, Tomato/Tomato, Paul “Flacco” Livingston and Mick Pealing.
And … of course there is more. The Guitarists, hosted by another festival icon, Nick Charles, will feature brilliant exponents of Brazilian guitar Paul Carey & Julian Scheffer, and wonderful artists who make guitars sing: Wallis Bird, Dave Steel, Zee Gachette and Mal Eastick.
If you want to get to know two of our very special guests Neko Case and Alejandro Escovedo you can meet them On The Couch with Brian Nankervis.
We are also delighted to announce SON (Susan O’Neill) will be joining the Sharon Shannon Band for their two incredible concerts.
In the coming weeks we will be announcing the writers program, song writers forum, candlelight concert, blues session and yes, you guessed it – a few more exciting surprises!
Early Bird Tickets are on sale until midnight 21 December … what a perfect Christmas gift if you are stuck for ideas.
Yours in the spirit of joy and adventure,Warmest regards,
The Program Team. x
- 11/12/2018 – Special events & guests, forums and themed concerts galore feat: Kasey Chambers, Neko Case, Susan O’Neil. Early Bird Tickets on sale until 21 December
- 06/12/2018 – Introducing Fenn Wilson, Immy Owusu & interactive workshop program
- 04/12/2018 – Family frolics, street theatre and dancing for all in 2019
- 21/11/2018 – Paul ‘Flacco’ Livingston, Alejandro Escovedo, Tim Rogers, Suzette Herft, ukulele workshops with a Woodstock twist and an all mighty Uke Off!
- 14/11/2018 – Australian exclusive: Melanie to perform at Port Fairy Folk Festival 2019 & celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Woodstock. Tent City Open for Bookings.
- 30/10/2018 – Kasey Chambers, Ash Grunwald, Afenginn & Reβetien join the 2019 lineup
- 16/10/2018 – Gregory Alan Isakov premiere tour of Australia
- 09/10/2018 – Didirri & Cooper Lower announced & celebrating 10 years of PFFF Youth Music Program
- 08/10/2018 – PFFF 2019 celebrates AWMA Lifetime Achievement Award winners Reneé Geyer & Margret RoadKnight
- 01/10/2018 – Neko Case, Hollow Coves & Margret RoadKnight join PFFF 2019
- 27/09/2018 – Farewell Rick E Vengeance • Song Man
- 14/09/2018 – Shebeen program for 2019
- 12/09/2018 – Ralph McTell and further artists join the line up. Subscriber tickets all gone… Early Bird Tickets on sale now.
- 10/09/2018 – Blues & brass add a touch of vaudeville and Ben Waters Band & Derek Nash encore performance
- 05/09/2018 – More wonderful acts and tickets on sale tomorrow!
- 03/09/2018 – 2019 Festival Special Event – Vandemonian Lags
- 29/08/2018 – A sneak peek at 2019 / subscriber link / volunteer applications
- 02/08/2018 – Fairy Tale of Port Fairy 2019 & ticket release date announced
- 26/06/2018 – Exciting job opportunity, Winter Weekends in full swing and beautiful art to be unveiled
- 13/06/2018 – Top honours to Bob Handby, Port Fairy & Calgary Folk Festival Exchange inaugural recipients, 2018 Grants announced & more
- 02/05/2018 – Port Fairy Folk Festival Community grants now open
- 24/04/2018 – Performer Applications for 2019 open 1 May
- 21/03/2018 – 42nd Festival a great success
- 08/03/2018 – Excitement brewing regarding opening and program change for 2018
- 06/03/2018 – Exclusive to Port Fairy 2018 When Folk Changed The World, Exile & Harry Manx with the WSO Octet
- 28/02/2018 – Governor Of Victoria to Open the 42nd Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 20/02/2018 – Warrnambool Festival Bus & Folkie Trivia
- 15/02/2018 – Third release early bird tickets close midnight tonight
- 13/02/2018 – Fairy Tale line-up announced
- 07/02/2018 – Exile – Songs & Tales of Irish Australia
- 01/02/2018 – 37 DAYS TO GO!
- 30/01/2018 – Emerging Artist of the Year & Venue House Rules & Etiquette
- 23/01/2018 – Artists Of The Year & Two special presentations of On The Couch with Brian Nankervis
- 01/17/2018 – Happy New Year & Workshop Program Announced
- 12/20/2017 – Archie Roach to launch Dancing With My Spirit & Warrnambool Shuttle Service
- 12/13/2017 – Geoffrey Robertson to speak at the 2018 Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 12/08/2017 – 2018 Finding A Voice forums, workshops and celebrating inclusion
- 12/07/2017 – 2018 Women Out Loud line-up announced Early Bird Tickets close midnight 8 December
- 12/06/2017 – 2018 Writers Program & Visual Arts… Early Bird Tickets On Sale until midnight 8 December.
- 12/04/2017 – Founding Director Jamie McKew reminisces on 40 years of PFFF
- 11/29/2017 – Doug Anthony Allstars join the 2018 lineup. Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December.
- 11/23/2017 – Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December & more artists & workshops
- 11/17/2017 – The Fairy Tale of Port Fairy & Early Bird Tickets Close 8 December
- 11/15/2017 – Implementing your feedback to make a better Port Fairy Folk Festival in 2018
- 10/24/2017 – Tex, Don & Charlie for two special concerts, plus more!
- 10/18/2017 – The Shebeen Program 2018, Archie Roach, Jordie Lane & The Sleepers & Stella Donnelly join the bill
- 10/16/2017 – Tent City – or should that be Hamlet? Comes to Port Fairy
- 10/11/2017 – Melbourne Ska Orchestra and Scotland’s Breabach lead the next wonderful wave
- 10/09/2017 – Mick Thomas, Jamie McKew & calling all instrument makers
- 10/05/2017 – Calling regional artists – Win the chance to play at the festival with ABC Radio
- 09/28/2017 – The Port Fairy Spotlight Sessions – special subscriber offer
- 09/27/2017 – Exclusive Events & sneaky leak
- 09/19/2017 – More artists and events announced and limited Early Bird Tickets still available