As we all know, the Shebeen is like a festival in itself. In 2018 we unveiled the new design which was met with much acclaim, and again, thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers who put the time, effort and creativity into making the new Shebeen such a wonderful venue with some brilliant art.
In 2019 The Shebeen is going to open with a glorious cacophony of music from around the world with The Resonant Rogues, Mélisande [électrotrad], Ben Waters Band with Derek Nash and finish up with Z Star in full flight.
Over the weekend while you enjoy an ale or two, or a wine and cheese and bikkies, you can ease in the morning with Front Country, catch the great Celtic sounds of Skerryvoreand The Currency, dance to your hearts content to the sassy Tami Neilson, jive to the explosive blues of Blue Shaddy and 19 Twenty, shimmy and shake to the glorious Western District sounds of The Settlement and the roots rock of Nick Barker, and more acts to be announced.
Intertwined throughout the Shebeen’s weekend will be comedy, sing alongs and too much fun!
Stallholder applications for craft, food and beverages will be open on our website from 17 September.
Click here to access ‘Early Bird’ tickets!
For your listening pleasure, here is a play list of announced 2019 Artists. Enjoy.
The Program Team x
- 14/09/2018 – Shebeen program for 2019
- 12/09/2018 – Ralph McTell and further artists join the line up. Subscriber tickets all gone… Early Bird Tickets on sale now.
- 10/09/2018 – Blues & brass add a touch of vaudeville and Ben Waters Band & Derek Nash encore performance
- 05/09/2018 – More wonderful acts and tickets on sale tomorrow!
- 03/09/2018 – 2019 Festival Special Event – Vandemonian Lags
- 29/08/2018 – A sneak peek at 2019 / subscriber link / volunteer applications
- 02/08/2018 – Fairy Tale of Port Fairy 2019 & ticket release date announced
- 26/06/2018 – Exciting job opportunity, Winter Weekends in full swing and beautiful art to be unveiled
- 13/06/2018 – Top honours to Bob Handby, Port Fairy & Calgary Folk Festival Exchange inaugural recipients, 2018 Grants announced & more
- 02/05/2018 – Port Fairy Folk Festival Community grants now open
- 24/04/2018 – Performer Applications for 2019 open 1 May
- 21/03/2018 – 42nd Festival a great success
- 08/03/2018 – Excitement brewing regarding opening and program change for 2018
- 06/03/2018 – Exclusive to Port Fairy 2018 When Folk Changed The World, Exile & Harry Manx with the WSO Octet
- 28/02/2018 – Governor Of Victoria to Open the 42nd Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 20/02/2018 – Warrnambool Festival Bus & Folkie Trivia
- 15/02/2018 – Third release early bird tickets close midnight tonight
- 13/02/2018 – Fairy Tale line-up announced
- 07/02/2018 – Exile – Songs & Tales of Irish Australia
- 01/02/2018 – 37 DAYS TO GO!
- 30/01/2018 – Emerging Artist of the Year & Venue House Rules & Etiquette
- 23/01/2018 – Artists Of The Year & Two special presentations of On The Couch with Brian Nankervis
- 01/17/2018 – Happy New Year & Workshop Program Announced
- 12/20/2017 – Archie Roach to launch Dancing With My Spirit & Warrnambool Shuttle Service
- 12/13/2017 – Geoffrey Robertson to speak at the 2018 Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 12/08/2017 – 2018 Finding A Voice forums, workshops and celebrating inclusion
- 12/07/2017 – 2018 Women Out Loud line-up announced Early Bird Tickets close midnight 8 December
- 12/06/2017 – 2018 Writers Program & Visual Arts… Early Bird Tickets On Sale until midnight 8 December.
- 12/04/2017 – Founding Director Jamie McKew reminisces on 40 years of PFFF
- 11/29/2017 – Doug Anthony Allstars join the 2018 lineup. Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December.
- 11/23/2017 – Early Bird tickets on sale until 8 December & more artists & workshops
- 11/17/2017 – The Fairy Tale of Port Fairy & Early Bird Tickets Close 8 December
- 11/15/2017 – Implementing your feedback to make a better Port Fairy Folk Festival in 2018
- 10/24/2017 – Tex, Don & Charlie for two special concerts, plus more!
- 10/18/2017 – The Shebeen Program 2018, Archie Roach, Jordie Lane & The Sleepers & Stella Donnelly join the bill
- 10/16/2017 – Tent City – or should that be Hamlet? Comes to Port Fairy
- 10/11/2017 – Melbourne Ska Orchestra and Scotland’s Breabach lead the next wonderful wave
- 10/09/2017 – Mick Thomas, Jamie McKew & calling all instrument makers
- 10/05/2017 – Calling regional artists – Win the chance to play at the festival with ABC Radio
- 09/28/2017 – The Port Fairy Spotlight Sessions – special subscriber offer
- 09/27/2017 – Exclusive Events & sneaky leak
- 09/19/2017 – More artists and events announced and limited Early Bird Tickets still available